Rss Feed

Noelle

If
If love could save you
I'd chase it, bottle it and
leave it on your doorstep
I'd suffer any indignation
offer up my respect
hand you the darts
and smile all the same
as you threw them at my heart
If love could save you
I'd never leave your side
I'd lay silent at your insulting
words and pretend I have no pride
I'd be the pawn you seek to own
and freeze happily in your wild stare
If love could save you
I'd count the years, the days, the hours
until I would find you well
it would make the torture bareable
and all the pain worthwhile
If only love could save you
from the heart....

Angels of the midnight choir

protected her in the late night fire
there was no hurt nor drawn out tears
only self preservation, escape from fears
finally free of that indignation
those wild eyes and consternation
she won't look back down in that portal of hell
Seeing clearly now, two lives must dispel
in that mode of fight or flight
those angels led her to freedom that night
those wishes she had were just illusions in the wind
and those words of truth, his actions rescind
from the heart....

Candlelit eyes

Candlelit eyes shake those notions
you've been drinking too much of
that dreamer's love potion
it has made you woozy, and slighty off key
yet, you enjoy those moments
when I'm all you hoped I'd be
from the heart.... Noelle at 1:20 AM 1 comments
Monday, July 6, 2009
power

the power of words hit
so suddenly, you are blindsided
sequence, tone, definition
annotation, whispers, shouts
speech in circles, voices raised
shutting down, deepened wounds
split wide open
fears of now, then, and
maybe when lead to giving up,
giving in, sad departures leaves
lonely fools, unable to escape
the pain that rules
from the heart....

0 comments:

Post a Comment